Search: jankem; jenkem
Why: Brian and Ian said it's the hot drug in the third world, describing it as "your own pi--" ... I don't even want to write it. They said you eliminate in a jar and then huff it to get high. They mimed it.
Answer: Yup! The facts:
- Jenkem (or jekem) is the common name for an inhalant made by fermenting raw sewage (aka poop and pee) used by children in third world countries to produce a cheap dissociative or hallocinogenic high.
- From a 1995 report: "Human excreta is scooped up from the edges of the sewer ponds in old cans and containers which are covered with a polyethylene bag and left to stew or ferment for a week." They take "care to leave enough room for methane to form at the top."
- It may or may not also be called Waste, Fruit from Crack Pipe, or Butthash.
- Initial reports came from Lusaka, Zambia in 1995.
- A quote from 16 year-old Luke Mpande: "With glue, I just hear voices in my head. But with Jenkem, I see visions. I see my mother who is dead and I forget about the problems in my life."
- It is not a major problem in schools in Collier County, FL, Coffee County, AL, or any other place in the U.S.
The More You Know: Let's make a movie.
I probably made a mess. And you deserve better.
But love me to take this onto your life, and bear it.
Find another, and carry me in your heart.
I talk to you from there. I talk to you from there.