Stuff I've Googled, what I Googled a few minutes ago, what I'm Googling now, why I'm Googling, and other fascinating information.

Friday, August 21, 2009

What is a word for a small Mediterranean boat?


Search
: crossword helper

Why: In the In Touch Weekly crossword, #43 across: "Small Mediterranean boat"
_EBEC
Answer: ZEBEC! n. A small three-masted Mediterranean vessel with both square and lateen sails.

[from French chebec, probably from Catalan xabec, from Arabic šabbāk, from šabaka, "to entwine, fasten"]

That is - if Madonna's boyfriend is Jesus Luz, which it is!

Source: OneAcross, Answers.com

The More You Know: I don't think this is a very popular word. Here are some imgs:

This one says Shebecke:


This one says xebec:


Timberland also makes a shoe called the Zebec. Idk.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits!