Search: store garlic
Why: I usually just leave it in a cool dark cabinet... for months at a time.
Answer: My god, I am brilliant:
- Store garlic in a cool place away from direct sunlight
- Garlic needs to breathe. Maybe you could put it in a special garlic keeper
- If you found a great sale and bought way too much garlic, you can freeze it
- When garlic begins to sprout or get soft, throw it out
- Do not store garlic in the refrigerator - it will get moldy
- Do not store garlic in a sealed plastic container - it will get moldy
- Do not store garlic in oil - you will get botulism and/or die
The More You Know: While culinary quantities are considered safe for consumption, very high quantities of garlic and garlic supplements have been linked with an increased risk of bleeding, particularly during pregnancy and after surgery and childbirth.