Search: why do girls scream
Why: A woman on "Ellen" shrieked when the Gold Digger came to her house.
Answer: Some sociological/anthropological possibilities:
- When excited (like because she just won a bunch of money), a girl screams to release energy and to draw attention from others to help calm her down.
- When scared (of a spider or snake) or in danger, a scream attracts attention from someone who can come take care of business.
- When scared (of a movie or rollercoaster), a scream distracts her from trauma and can shock her out of the moment.
- At concerts, screams alert everyone (including the dudes onstage) that she is a sexually mature female creature.
- Girls are just expressive and extroverted.
The More You Know: I have never shrieked in my life.