Stuff I've Googled, what I Googled a few minutes ago, what I'm Googling now, why I'm Googling, and other fascinating information.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

What happens when you go into shock?


Search
: "what happens when you go into shock"

Why: John Locke had a compound fracture in his leg and his shin bone was sticking out.

Answer: Blood pressure drops so body parts could not get enough blood flow. Shock requires immediate medical attention lest organs become damaged. Symptoms include:
* Anxiety or agitation
* Confusion
* Pale, cool, clammy skin
* Low or no urine output
* Bluish lips and fingernails
* Dizziness, light-headedness, or faintness
* Profuse sweating, moist skin
* Rapid but weak pulse
* Shallow breathing
* Chest pain
* Unconsciousness
Source: MedlinePlus

The More You Know: I went into shock in 11th grade when my hand got slammed in Rachel's trunk and I saw my finger bone.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hits!