Stuff I've Googled, what I Googled a few minutes ago, what I'm Googling now, why I'm Googling, and other fascinating information.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Besides rubies, what are some red stones?


Search: "red stones"

Why: I'm in the market for a ring with a red stone in it, but rubies are superexpensive.

Answer: Ruby (duh), Garnet, Star Ruby, Sponge Coral, and these all come in red: Jasper, Beryl, Spinel, Tourmaline, Alexandrite, Eudialyte, and Dinosaur Bone.

Source: Bernardine.com

The More You Know: Dinosaur Bone is the result of fossilized bone from dinosaurs in which the cellular structure has been replaced with quartz, leaving the bone structure intact. It is illegal to collect this stuff on US or federal lands, so it's pretty valuable. It looks like this:


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails